|Name||Principality of Wy|
|Volume||Hetalia: Axis Powers Volume 4|
|Strip||The Principality of Wy-chan & the Mysterious Sealand|
|Drama CD||Hetalia Drama CD Interval Vol. 3: Nordic Five!|
|Anime||Keep on moving!! March Forward, Sealand!|
Wy (ワイ Wai) is a supporting character in the series Hetalia: Axis Powers.
Wy is a young girl of small stature with small, bushy eyebrows. She is depicted in shorts, a tank-top with a pink smock, a bandage on her forehead, and a red ascot. In stand-alone pictures she is usually carrying around a large paintbrush. Her hair is fastened in a short and curly side-pony, and her scrunchie has a flower on it. In a portrait included in Volume 4, she is depicted wearing a crown.
Personality and Interests
Wy is a mouthy girl who tries to act mature, but has been said to show her childish side as well. She has also been described as one to enjoy her freedom along with fun things to do. While she emphasizes the fact that the mayor of the surrounding township has recognized her independence, she realizes that she is not classified as better than either of her micronation peers.
She has been stated to be artistically gifted.
Main Article: Australia
Wy declared independence from Australia after being forbidden from building a driveway in front of her home. Her character card mentions that she may have inherited traits from Australia, but it does not specify what sort of relation they have. Wy is happy that Australia has chosen to recognize her, but still wants her driveway. Much to her chagrin, Australia has a tendency to lift Wy up when he sees her, simply explaining that one is supposed to do so with children.
Main Article: Hutt River
Hutt River acts as a mentor figure to Wy, though she doesn't really understand him. Though they do not appear to be on stressed terms, Wy initially refuses visit him during the micronations' search for friends. Hutt River states that, while her wish to not greet him is not proper etiquette, he is lenient towards her due to her being his junior.
Main Article: Sealand
When Sealand heard about her declaration of independence on the news, he goes to introduce himself and hopes that they can be friends. However, Wy acts somewhat cold and points out that, unlike him, she has been recognized. Despite this, the two appear to become friends.
Main Article: Seborga
At the same time Sealand attempted to gain Wy's trust, Seborga decides to go and surprise her in her garden. He unfortunately gets stuck in a tree and upsets her. He remarks that he finds her cute and could make a pass for her when she is older.
Wy was first introduced via Himaruya's blog in the strip The Principality of Wy-chan and the Mysterious Sealand, later included in volume 4. In her debut, she is contacted by Sealand in hopes of being friends, but Wy ends up making him cry after pointing out to him that she had already been recognized. However, they eventually become friends and together they meet Seborga. Wy also made an appearance as part of the the "We Want to be accepted to W Academy Club" in Volume 5's Advance! Newspaper Club! strips. However, this scene was cut from the anime. Wy appeared during the Halloween 2011 event dressed as a doll and accompanying Sealand and Seborga. She again appears in It's a Treasure Box of Countries~, a mini-event focused on the three micronations' attempts to expand their circle of friends. Much to her dismay, the three encounter Molossia, who she feels is strange, and her senior Hutt River, who decides to postpone his decision on their invitation of friendship.
Wy makes her debut appearance in the episode, Keep on moving!! March Forward, Sealand!, which adapts The Principalty of Wy and the Mysterious Sealand. Sealand, hoping to make friends with the newly-recognized Wy, visits her home.
- Her birthday corresponds with the day in 2004 that artist Paul Delprat declared his property's independence from the surrounding township of Mosman, New South Wales.
- She was created after Paul Delprat was denied permission to build a driveway due to concerns about environmental protection. After 11 years of application, Prince Paul announced Wy's creation and succession from Australia, presenting a declaration of independance titled the Decree of Secession to the mayor.
- On September 13th, 2010, Prince Paul of Wy posted a painting on his blog of Wy with her trademark paintbrush and easel, her rabbit, and what appears to be Sealand in the background. While there was originally no direct reference to Hetalia in the post itself, it is known that he was informed of the character's existence. The post contained the phrase: "Wy believes that all disagreements between nations, large and small, should be resolved by art, music and poetry competitions" as well as the lyrics to the micronation's anthem. Later, the post was updated naming the series itself.
- In her first comic appearance, Wy is holding a large rabbit. However, it is unclear whether it is a real rabbit or a plush toy.
- In Volume 5, she is revealed to be a member of the "We want to be accepted to W Academy" Club in the Gakuen Hetalia universe.
- The flower hair accessory she sports is speculated to be a hibiscus due to similarities in shape and color.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz. "Axis powers HETALIA Countries of the World". http://www.geocities.jp/himaruya/h_micro.html. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz (2011). ヘタリア 4 Axis Powers [Hetalia: Axis Powers 4]. Gentosha. p. 113. ISBN 978-4-3448-2233-7.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz. "ハロウィーン漫画 その６ [Halloween 2013 Page 6]". http://www.geocities.jp/himaruya/2013hal_6.html. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz. "ワイ公国ちゃんとシーランド君". http://www.geocities.jp/himaruya/wy_koukokuchan.html. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz. "シーランド君です！". http://www.geocities.jp/himaruya/hall2011.html. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz. "国の玉手箱やぁ！". http://www.geocities.jp/himaruya/tamate.html. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "Hetalia: The Beautiful World(Sub) Episode 19". http://www.hulu.com/watch/501288. Retrieved November 27, 2013.