|Name||Republic of Molossia|
|Eye Color||Olive (anime)|
|Volume||Hetalia: Axis Powers Volume 6|
|Strip||It's a Treasure Box of Countries~|
|Anime||It's a Pandora Box of Countries! - First Part|
Molossia (モロッシア, Morosshia) is a supporting character in the series Hetalia: Axis Powers.
Molossia appears as a young man with dark brown hair. He wears a button-down dress shirt and dark pants, and his hair naturally hangs down. When around others, he sports dark sunglasses, styles his hair upward, and wears a dark green military jacket. In one banner illustration he is shown wearing a white blazer with a pink button-down shirt, the later of which he wears underneath his military jacket in the anime adaption. He is shorter than Hutt River and Seborga and taller than Sealand. Character notes describe this hairstyle as a mix between mohican (or mohawk hairstyle) and pompadour.
Personality and Interests
Molossia is a micronation that resides in the American state Nevada. He only allows 10 people to sightsee per year. In his debut appearance, Molossia is initially shown enjoying the weather and gardening. His demeanor immediately changes when approached by other micronations; he becomes volatile, threatens them, and continually flips them off. Character notes describe him as aloof and mysterious. Afraid of having others know of his easygoing nature, Molossia remains on guard to keep up his gruff exterior. Despite initially rejecting Sealand, Seborga, and Wy's friendship request, he follows after them, and later becomes a member of their circle of friends.
- Main Article: America
America is aware of Molossia's true demeanor and is surprised at his apparent shift in personality. Molossia is described as not being able to lift his head against America, and he uses formal speech patterns when speaking to him.
Molossia debuts in the It's a Treasure Box of Countries~ 2011 mini-event, which centers around Sealand, Seborga, and Wy's attempts to make friends. He follows them throughout the event, often insulting or commenting on the micronations they encounter, and later forces Ladonia (an Internet-based micronation) back into a laptop. Molossia again appears at the end of the event, having been accepted into the micronations' circle of friends. These strips were later collected in volume 6, marking his debut in the published manga. Molossia reappears in Christmas 2011 extra sequence. Trying to keep up his tough appearance, he snaps at America, who expresses curiosity at his changed personality.
- Molossia owns a large dog whose bark is strange. The other nations are are initially unsure of what it is.
- Molossia's mobster-like appearance (his white "zoot suit", sunglasses, and slick hair) is likely a reference to the history of organized crime in the Nevadan city of Las Vegas (and to a lesser extent, Reno) and the stereotypes associated with it. Gangsters, including Bugsy Siegel and members of the Al Capone gang, ran casinos there in the early to mid 20th century.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz. "国の玉手箱やぁ". http://www.geocities.jp/himaruya/tamate.html. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz. "トップイラストの壁紙配布中 1600x1200". http://www.geocities.co.jp/himaruya/mcr_1600.jpg. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz (December 12, 2011). "トップ絵更新". http://himaruya.blog61.fc2.com/blog-entry-1345.html. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz. "お正月漫画 [New Year's Comic]". http://www.geocities.jp/himaruya/2011_12_re.html. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- Himaruya, Hidekaz (December 2011). "「クリスマス2011 7ページ」 [Christmas 2011 Page 3]". p. 3. http://www.geocities.jp/himaruya/2011_12_3.html. Retrieved July 10, 2016.