This article or section has been nominated for a cleanupThe content on this page may be overwritten, contradictory, or in need of general revising. You can help Hetalia Archives by cleaning it up.
Eyecatch is a particular scene that happens just before and after a commercial break. Eyecatches are normally present in just about every anime that airs on television, though they are not present in movies. Although there are no commercials during an episode on a DVD, eyecatches are still present.
Because Hetalia is not aired on television and instead aired through cellphones and the internet (as well as its 5 minute air time), eyecatches are often used to switch scenes. For example, in Episode 31: Academy Hetalia Christmas, when the Axis Powers are finished interviewing America and turning down his offer to try his cake, an eyecatch of America plays and switches to a new scene where the Axis Powers are interviewing Russia.
- Episode 03: Italy
- Episode 06: Germany, America, and England
- Episode 07: France
- Episode 09: China
- Episode 12: Japan
- Episode 13: Russia
- Episode 31: Finland
- Episode 32: Ancient Rome
- Episode 33: South Italy
- Episode 35: Canada
- Episode 42: Ukraine and Belarus
- Episode 43: All three Baltics (Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia)
- Episode 44: Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- Episode 47: Poland (wearing his pink shirt), and a two-character eyecatch featuring France and England.
- Episode 48: Austria
- Episode 53: Prussia
- Episode 54: Greece
- Episode 55: Turkey
- Episode 56: A single eyecatch of Lithuania, and a gag "Shieldtalia" one with Chibitalia.
- Hetalia: Axis Powers: Paint it, White: Iceland, Cuba and Holy Roman Empire
- Episode 65: Hungary, in her maid outfit.
- Episode 75: Spain, in his civilian clothes from the world meetings.
- Episode 84: Sealand
- Episode 100: Seychelles
- Hetalia = Fantasia: Hong Kong, in his Hetalia Fantasia costume.
During the first season, eyecatches of only the Axis Powers and the Allied Forces were present. In the second season, new eyecatches featuring the other characters were added and played during select episodes. A Hetalia eyecatch consists of the Hetalia logo and a character popping out from behind the logo, saying "Hetalia" in a high (but not too high) pitched version of that character's normal voice. It is the voice actor that plays their character in the eyecatch (For example, Noriaki Sugiyama voices UK in the eyecatch as he does in the series).
FUNimation's English-language release of Hetalia also keeps this theme, having dubbed the eyecatches.
- Note: These images are not limited. The character can pop out anywhere from behind the Hetalia logo. These images are just examples of what can happen in an episode.