|Hetalia: World Series episode|
|Episode no.||Season 3|
|Original air date||July 9th, 2010|
|Hetalia Episode Chronology|
The sixteenth episode of Hetalia: World Series (sixty-eighth in total for Hetalia) was broadcast on July 9th, 2010. It adapts more from Super Angry Japan in Comic Diary 10, along with more of Boss Spain's Control of Southern Italy part 2.
Super Angry Japan
Spain and His Henchman's Depression
Spain and France start to fight over Romano, who becomes frightened and runs away. After having run far enough, Romano wonders why the two have always been following after him. He then realizes that they must only want him for his grandfather's inheritance, and reasons that it's the only thing he has left over as he's weak and not useful in any way, and can never match up to his brother Veneziano.
Romano recalls having wanted to clean, but that a bookcase collapsed. He then thinks about how Veneziano has always been better at trade and art, and how he received more of their grandfather's looks. A chirping bird then interrupts Romano's thoughts, which causes him to become angered and start screaming at it to stop laughing at him and looking down on him.
A footnote appears, with an image of both Chibitalias superimposed over the Italian peninsula. The narrator explains that while North Italy benefited from the Renaissance, South Italy was an agricultural spot that didn't change very much after 1000 years and that because of that, its reputation in Europe is that of an area where "poor people only eat pasta and tomatoes yet are somehow cheerful." They reason that North Italy is more gentle and carefree yet conservative, while South Italy is more happy to simply be able to live through the day.
France, angry at being beat by Spain, decides that he's had enough. He orders his bird Pierre to fly out and get the strongest person they know. A note reads "To be continued."
- Turkey (in Greece's thoughts)
- Chibitalia (non-speaking cameo in Romano's thoughts)
- Ancient Rome (non-speaking cameo in Romano's thoughts)
- Narrator: Yuki Kaida
- Japan: Hiroki Takahashi
- France: Masaya Onosaka
- Spain: Go Inoue
- Greece: Atsushi Kousaka
- Turkey: Takahiro Fujimoto
- Chibiromano, Pierre: Aki Kanada
English Dub Cast
- Narrator: Jamie Marchi
- Japan: Christopher Bevins
- France: J. Michael Tatum
- Spain: David Trosko
- Greece: Vic Mignogna
- Turkey: Kent Williams
- Chibiromano: Colleen Clinkenbeard
- Pierre: Chris Cason
- This episode continues the adaptation of the Comic Diary 10 strip shown in last episode's teaser, which was not included with its second half in the published edition of the manga.
- While Rome was depicted as an old man in the original strips, the anime once again removes the reference to him having aged and instead depicts him in his younger warrior appearance.
- The ending sequence is once again altered slightly, to feature a close-up of China in the group shot of the Allied Forces.