File:Flag of the United States.svg
From Hetalia Archives
Original file (SVG file, nominally 1,235 × 650 pixels, file size: 899 B)
This file is from Wikimedia Commons and may be used by other projects. The description on its file description page there is shown below.
|It is easy to put a border around this image:|
[[File:Flag of the United States.svg|border|100px]]
- The geometric specifications for the union jack and the sizes and positioning of the stars are given in an attachment to Executive Order 10834 of 21 August 1959, printed in 3 CFR, 1959–1963 Comp., p. 368. Also see File:US Flag spec TIOH 5-1-17 1967.jpg, the specification drawing from the Army Institute of Heraldry.
- The official colors are part of the Standard Color Reference of America, specifically Cable Nos. 75001 ("White") , 70180 ("Old Glory Red") , and 70075 ("Old Glory Blue") . Colorimetric designations for these colors were precisely specified in a 1946 paper in JOSA. When the white point is taken to have the luminous reflectance of the flag’s white, these colors can be approximated on screen as , , and , respectively. The United State Department of State uses (#FFFFFF), (#BB133E) and (#002147) in RGB color. 
- For more details on the design and colors, see Design of the Flag of the United States at the English Wikipedia.
- The current dimensions of the image (version of 00:43, 14 May 2008), 1235 × 650 pixels (which represents an aspect ratio of 1.9:1.0), were chosen to allow as much as possible of the final geometric manipulations to be performed using whole numbers, avoiding the need for scaling. (This also results in each stripe being 50 pixels high.)
- The versions of 04:42, 5 April 2007, and later (which were written from scratch) are ineligible for copyright and in the public domain. (Earlier versions were derived from the Open Clip Art library and were covered by the Open Clip Art license.)
|Public domainPublic domainfalse|
|This file is ineligible for copyright and therefore in the public domain because it consists entirely of information that is common property and contains no original authorship.|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||12:13, 26 March 2015||1,235 × 650 (899 B)||Steinsplitter||see talkpage, thanks to Be..anyone and User:SiBr4|
This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it. If the file has been modified from its original state, some details may not fully reflect the modified file.